We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
(SP-2718: t. 5,421; 1. 403'6"; b. 51'2" (wl); dr. 23'11";
dph. 25'2"; s. 12 k.; epl. 81; a. 1 5", 1 3")
Rijnland, a single-screw, steel cargo ship was launched during 1900 by Russell & Co. at Port Glasgow, Scotland, for the Koninklijke Hollandsche Lloyd Line of Amsterdam and interned during World War I at Newport News, Va. She was seized in March 1918 by Customs officials along with 88 other Duteh vessels, 31 of which entered U.S. Navy service.Rijnland was commissioned 29 March 1918 for service in the Naval Overseas Transportation Service, Lt. Comdr. Ottorino Bevilaqua, USNRF, in command.
RiJnland made three voyages to French ports between 7 May 1918 and 14 December 1918. Loading at Jacksonville, Fla., Newport News, Va., and New York, she distributed Army supplies at St. Nazaire, Bordeaux, Brest, La Palliee, and Verdon, France. Returning to Newport News 14 December Rijnland proceeded to New York where she loaded supplies for South Ameriean ports. Departing New York 14 February 1919, she ealled at Barbados before arriving at Rosario Argentina, on 9 May. She returned to New York with a eommereial cargo, then loaded Army coal at Philadelphia for St. Nazaire. Rijnland departed St. Nazaire 31 July 1919 for Amsterdam, was decommissioned there 6 August 1919, and was returned to her former owner the same day. Remaining in Koninklijke Hollandsehe Lloyd service into the 1930's Rijuland was broken up in Italy during 1933.
Rijnland SP-2718 - History
We are professionals in transformation
and corporate restructuring
We either find a solution or we create one
In the history of every company there are moments when a clear change of direction is needed. The time has come for transformation: to do things differently or to do different things, or a combination of both.
There are many reasons that trigger (family-owned) companies to consider transformation: growth and expansion, succession planning, changing market dynamics or continuity and profitability issues.
A business transformation can be focused on operational, commercial and or financial aspects of a company. As a result, each transformation differs in its intensity and impact. In all cases however, change involves a step into the unknown – and therefore transformation is uncomfortable. A natural tendency to resist is only human.
We are professionals in transforming and restructuring companies. We listen, analyse, prepare a plan and then execute against the plan. We support the entrepreneur, the (founding-) family, the shareholder(s) and management from the ground up, in identifying the challenges, and creating solutions. We realise results and offer support to ensure continuity. Our hands-on and ‘on-the-job’ mentality is what sets us apart.
Our team consists of professionals who have been in senior management roles in complex organizations and who actually have carried the weight of the end responsibility. We understand the dilemmas and emotions of management, shareholders and family.
We are able to make the claims above through a combination of unique and complementary capabilities in our team, our network, our experience and creativity.
Bought land near Berkelse Meer
Leeuwenhoek purchased about 4.5 acres (13 hond) of land near Berkelse Meer, where he had sampled some pond water in the summer of 1674. In that water, he first saw microbes.
Berkelse Meer refers to two lakes, the West Meer and the larger and deeper Oost Meer (east lake). It was drained in the 1770's. In this detail from the 1712 map by Cruquius, the Zyp is the little neck of water through which the south-lying polders drained into the Oost Meer.
Leeuwenhoek and Johannes Blaeucamer purchased the land for 430 guilders from Neeltge Jansdochter, the widow of Adriaen Coornwinder. Weijntge Davits Coornwinder, aged daughter (bejaarde dochter), is named as the plaintiff (impetranten).
The document notes that Blaeucamer was a deurwaarder, though it doesn't say for what institution. The 1679 document appointing Leeuwenhoek as curator calls Blaucamer a court messenger (gerechtsbode). He was actually the kamerbewaarder. [source?]
The 4.5 acres stretched from Alewijn Abrahams van Dijck's property to the Zijp. To the south lay the 3.4 acres (10 hond) bought the same day from the same person by Dirck Uijtterwaert, who was the sherrif (schout) of Berkel (decreet 3428/1677/086). To the north, the land was owned by Arij Leenderts Bleijswijck.
What is a zijp? According to the Woordenboek der Nederlandsche Taal, a zijp is a low area between two pieces of ground that slope towards each other or a part of a field that sometimes comes under water or is low-lying in general.
The only reference I could find to de Zyp in Berkel is this note about the residents' (inwoners) fishing (visschen) from 1591: alle inwoners van Berkel in de Zijp en de Neul [Heul] mochten visschen. On the map, the Heul is the neck of water in the top left. The document says that the residents along these two necks extending from the lake have the same fishing rights as those living along the lake itself.
As seen on the right sidebar, a hond is an obsolete Dutch term referring to a unit of area measuring 100 roeden, approximately 0.14 hectares or 0.34 acres. Thus, 13 honden of land would be about 1.8 hectares or 4.5 acres.
Blaukamer and Leeuwenhoek participated together in another real estate transaction almost two decades later. Between those two transactions, Blaucamer acted a guarantor by posting the security (borg) when Leeuwenhoek was appointed curator.
Hof van Holland: Decreten
Verwijzing akte 3428/1677/087
Datum decreet 1677/11/15
Bronverwijzing Nummer toegang: 3.03.01.01, inventarisnummer: 3428
from Neeltge Jansdochter, weduwe van Adriaan Coornwinder
Hendrick Pandlaer, clerk ter griffier van de Hof van Holland verwerft een stuk weiland, groot 4 morgen, in Berkel en Rodenrijs
Hendrick Pandlaer, clerk for the court of the Hof van Holland, acquires a piece of pasture, 4 morgen large, in Berkel en Rodenrijs
Dirck Uijtterwaert, schout te Berkel, verwerft onder Berkel 10 hond land, gelegen tussen Dirck Uijtterwaert tot de kooi van de kinderen van Leendertt Michielsz van der Meijden, ten zuiden Evert van Elsenhoff, ten noorden nog 13 hond land van geexecuteerde.
Dirck Uijtterwaert, sheriff of Berkel, obtains in Berkel 10 hond of land, lying between Dirck Uijtterwaert to the enclosure* of the children of Leendertt Michielsz van der Meijden, to the south Evert van Elsenhoff, to the north another 13 hond of the land of Neeltge Jansdochter (the geexecuteerde).
* The Dutch says kooi, meaning cage or berth, without specifying the kind of animal. It could have been a sheepfold, but it is more likely that it was an eendenkooi, for ducks.
Johanes Blaeucamer, deurwaarder en Anthonij Leeuwenhoeck verwerven 13 hond land, strekkend van Alewijn Abrahams van Dijck tot de Zijp, ten zuiden van de 10 hond land hierboven genoemd, ten noorden Arij Leenderts Bleijswijck
Johanes Blaeucamer, bailiff and Anthonij Leeuwenhoeck acquire 13 hond of land, stretching from Alewijn Abrahams van Dijck to the Zijp, to the south the 10 hond of land named above, to the north Arij Leenderts Bleijswijck.
ANONYMUS, 1937. Nieuwkoopsche en Noordensche plassen. Water, Bodem, Lucht, 27:13–15.
BOON, J.J., 1978. Molecular biogeochemistry of lipids in four natural environments. Thesis, Technische Hogeschool, Delft Delft University Press, Delft. 215 p.
CENTRAAL BUREAU VOOR DE STATISTIEK, 1972. Waterverontreiniging met afbreekbaar organisch en eutrofiërend materiaal. Staatsuitgeverij, 's-Gravenhage. 119 p.
COMMISSIE LIMNOLOGIE VAN SPAARBEKKENS, 1971. Limnologie van spaarbekkens. Keuringsinstituut voor Waterleidingsartikelen KIWA en Rijksinstituut voor Drinkwatervoorziening RID, Rijswijk en 's-Gravenhage, 68 p.
CUWVO-WERKGROEP VI, 1978. Mogelijke aanpak van de fosfaatproblematiek in Nederland. 20 p., 2 bijlagen (mimeographed).
DAM, H. VAN and H. KOOYMAN-VAN BLOKLAND, 1978. Man-made changes in some Dutch moorland pools, as reflected by historical and recent data about diatoms and macrophytes. Int. Rev. ges. Hydrobiol., 63: 587–607.
DRESSCHER, TH.G.N., 1957. Rapport over de toestand van het oppervlaktewater binnen de gemeente Amsterdam. Biol.-chem. lab. afd. Volksgezondheid GGD Amsterdam. 64 p. (mimeographed).
EDMONDSON, W.T., G.C. ANDERSON and D.R. PETERSON, 1956. Artificial eutrophication of Lake Washington. Limnol. Oceanogr., 1:47–53.
FISCHER, J.C.H., 1911. Afvoer van afvalwater in zee. Water, Bodem, Lucht, 1:420–424.
FOSFATENNOTA, 1979. Maatregelen voor het terugdringen van de fosfaatbelasting van het Nederlandse oppervlaktewater (Fosfatennota). Staatsuitgeverij, 's-Gravenhage Tweede Kamer, zitting 1978–1979, 15640, nrs. 1 en 2, 30 p.
GOLTERMAN, H.L., 1965. Hydrobiologische problemen van de Vechtplassen. Akademiedagen, XVII:23–36.
GOLTERMAN, H.L. (red.), 1976. Fosfaten in het Nederlandse oppervlaktewater. Rapport van de ‘Stuurgroep Fosfaten’ Sigma Chemie, Den Haag. 133 p.
GRUYTER, P. DE, 1939. De bestrijding der waterverontreiniging van Rijnlands boezem. Water, Bodem, Lucht, 29:75–91.
HASLER, A.D., 1947. Eutrophication of lakes by domestic drainage. Ecology, 28:383–395.
HEUSDEN, G.P. VAN 1966. Betekenis van de biologie voor de watervoorziening. Water, 50: 136–142.
KLAPWIJK, Sj.P., 1977. Experimentele fosfaatverwijdering op praktijkschaal in Rijnland. Waterschapsbelangen, 62:284–289.
KOUWE, F., 1979. Defosfateringsonderzoek in het stroomgebied van de Beerze. Waterschapsbelangen, 64:206–211.
LEENTVAAR, P., 1968. The biological aspects of water management and nature conservation. Water, Bodem, Lucht, 58:85–98.
MACAN, T.T., 1970. Biological studies of the English Lakes. Longman, London.
MINISTERIE VAN VERKEER EN WATERSTAAT, 1975. De bestrijding van de verontreiniging van het oppervlaktewater. Indicatief Meerjarenprogramma 1975–1979. Staatsuitgeverij, 's-Gravenhage. 92 p., 4 bijlagen.
MOSS, B., 1978. The ecological history of a mediaeval man-made lake, Hickling Broad, Norfolk, United Kingdom. Hydrobiologia, 60:23–32.
NAUMANN, E., 1921. Einige Grundlinien der regionalen Limnologie. Lunds Universitets Årsskrift N.F. II, 17:1–22.
NAUMANN, E., 1932. Grundzüge der regionalen Limnologie. In: Die Binnengewässer, Vol. 11. E. Schweizerbartsche Verlagsbuchhandlung, Stuttgart.
NEDERLANDSE VERENIGING TEGEN WATER-, BODEM-EN LUCHTVERONTREINIGING, 1949. Onderzoek naar de mate van verontreiniging van de oppervlaktewateren in Nederland 1936–1948. Mimeographed reports, 7 volumes.
ODUM, E.P., 1969. The strategy of ecosystem development. Science, 164:262–270.
PARMA, S., 1967. Het onderscheiden van watertypen. Vakbl. Biol. 47:141–150.
PARMA, S., 1979. Political aspects of the closure of the Eastern Scheldt estuary. Hydrobiol. Bull., 12:163–175.
REDEKE, H.C., 1928. Waterbloei in de Aalsmeerder plassen. Visscherij Courant, 19 october 1928.
R.I.Z.A., 1952. Verslag der werkzaamheden 1950/51. 104 p. (mimeographed).
R.I.Z.A., 1967. Jaarverslag 1966. Rijksinstituut voor Zuivering van Afvalwater, Mededeling Nr. 4 Staatsuitgeverij, 's-Gravenhage. 79 p.
R.I.Z.A., 1975. Jaarverslag 1972–1973. Rijksinstituut voor Zuivering van Afvalwater, Mededeling Nr. 19. Staatsuitgeverij, 's-Gravenhage. 122 p.
ROMIJN, G., 1910. Hydrographie en hydrobiologie. Water, Bodem, Lucht, 1:34–37.
SCHMIDT-VAN DORP, A.D., 1978. De eutrofiëring van ondiepe meren in Rijnland (Holland). Thesis Universiteit van Utrecht, Wibro, Helmond. 254 p.
SMAAL, A. and J. DE VRIES, 1978. Kwaliteitsbeoordeling en oppervlaktewater. Een betoog in de breedte. Doktoraalskriptie Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, 1–99 (unpubl. report).
THIENEMANN, A., 1915. Physikalische und chemische Untersuchungen in den Maaren der Eifel. Verh. Naturk. Ver. preuss. Rheinl. u. Westfalens, 70:250–302.
THIENEMANN, A., 1921. Seetypen. Naturwissenschafften, 18. 3 p.
TTHIENEMANN, A., 1931. Tropische Seen und Seetypenlehre. Arch. Hydrobiol. Suppl., 9, Tropische Binnengewässer, 2:205–231.
THOMAS, E.A., 1944. Ueber Masznahmen gegen die Eutrophierung unserer Seen und zur Förderung ihrer biologischen Produktionskraft. Schweiz. Fisch. Ztg., 7/8:1–8.
THOMAS, E.A., 1967. Die Phosphat-Hypertrophie der Gewässer. Chem. Weekbl., 63:305–319.
THUNMARK, S., 1945. Die Abwasserfrage der Växjöseen in hydrobiologischer Beleuchtung. Grundzüge in der regionalen Planktologie von Südschweden. Med. Lunds Univ. Limnol. Inst., Nr. 4, 239 p.
Indiana And Ohio Railway
Today, both of this lines remain part of the I&O system. Throughout the 1980s the railroad continued to grow picking up unwanted lines from large Class Is such as Conrail and the Chessie System, and even former Detroit, Toledo & Ironton trackage.
Today, the railroad is part of the Genesee & Wyoming family of short lines and features a rather diverse traffic base that should allow it to remain successful throughout the foreseeable future (in many ways the railroad is nearly a Class II, regional).Indiana & Ohio GP40 #6603, built as Baltimore & Ohio #4028, and a HELM leased unit power is seen here leading a northbound freight through Metamora, Ohio on July 25, 1998. Doug Kroll photo.
A year later it picked up another former Conrail segment between Blue Ash and Cincinnati. This had been another former PRR line that ran between Cincinnati-Richmond, Indiana.
By this point the I&O had interchange points along the Chessie System (now CSX) and Conrail (now Norfolk Southern).
Then, in the late 1980's the newly formed CSX Transportation (1987) was continuing to let go of the Baltimore & Ohio's former St. Louis main line (Baltimore - St. Louis), a process launched under Chessie System in 1985.
It also acquired the B&O's former Columbus Branch between Midland City and Columbus, part of the railroad's old Newark Division (which once liked Pittsburgh with Cincinnati, via Wheeling and Columbus).
It continued to grow in the 1990s first acquiring the former Detroit, Toledo & Ironton main line between Washington Court House and Springfield, adding another 50 miles to it system.
In 1994 it gained control of more former Conrail trackage, this time two branches around Springfield reaching Mechanicsburg and Bellefontaine, which added another 40 miles.
A year later the I&O took over the rest of Conrail's remaining branch line trackage in and around Cincinnati. However, things changed in 1996.Indiana & Ohio GP40 #6763 and former Burlington Northern GP50 #3101 head over to pick up their train at the Grand Trunk Western yard in Flat Rock, Michigan on the evening of July 24, 1998. Doug Kroll photo.
Under RailTex the railroad continued to prosper and nearly doubled its system. The Genesee & Wyoming of its day, RailTex was founded by Bruce Flohr who launched his first short line in 1984 with the small San Diego & Imperial Valley Railroad on March 8, 1984 (still in service under Genesee & Wyoming).
Flohrs employed three strategies to increase business aggressive marketing away from the primary rail line, acquiring non-union railroads, and purchasing second-hand locomotives.
The idea worked and he eventually amassed a network of 26 railroads that totaled more than 4,100 route miles. In early 1997 after a long negotiation with the Canadian National the I&O was able to purchase nearly the rest of the DT&I's main line between Springfield, Ohio and Detroit, Michigan.
Then, just a year later, it acquired two small short lines, the Central Railroad of Indianapolis and Central Railroad of Indiana.Indiana & Ohio GP30 #83 sits at rest in Lima, Ohio on July 25, 1998. This unit began as Kansas City Southern #106 in 1962 and is no longer on the roster. Doug Kroll photo.
In early 2000 RailTex was acquired by RailAmerica, Inc. and thus the Indiana and Ohio Railway had a new owner, which also acquired its two subsidiaries.
RailAmerica has its own story, the product of two entrepreneurial brothers who founded the company in 1985.
According to the article, "The Triumph Of Train NC-2" by author Fred Frailey in the featured in Trains Magazine's June, 2010 issue, their company launched in 1985 when Chessie System spun-off an component of the former Pere Marquette in Michigan, which later became the Huron & Eastern Railway.
Within a decade they had amassed some 75 short lines and went public in 1992. In February, 2007 RA was sold to Fortress Investment for $1.1 billion, which resold the company to Genesee & Wyoming in February, 2012. At the time, RA was the largest short line holding company in the nation.
Indiana & Ohio Railway Locomotive Roster
|Road Number||Model Type||Builder||Year Built||Notes|
|20||"LS-750"||Lima-Hamilton||11/1949||Built as Cincinnati Union Terminal #21. Unit suffered mechanical failure on the I&O's first day of service. Scrapped in late 2000's after cannibalized for parts.|
|51||GP7||EMD||9/1951||Built as CB&Q #223 became Burlington Northern #1579. Sold by I&O to Orange Port Terminal Railway. Scrapped.|
|52||GP7||EMD||10/1953||Built as B&O #743. Transferred to Goderich-Exeter Railway in early 2000's.|
|53||GP7||EMD||9/1953||Built as B&O #723. Sold to National Railway Equipment.|
|54||GP7||EMD||9/1953||Built as B&O #726. Sold to National Railway Equipment.|
|55||GP7||EMD||6/1950||Built as C&O #5704. Sold to Lebanon, Mason & Monroe Railroad.|
|56||GP7||EMD||6/1950||Built as C&O #5705. Acquired by the South Shore Line, circa 1978. Sold to Lebanon, Mason & Monroe Railroad.|
|61||GP9||EMD||6/1956||Built as C&O #6067. Sold to Rail Switching Service (RSSX).|
|62||GP9||EMD||3/1956||Built as C&O #6018. Sold to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|63||GP9||EMD||11/1956||Built as C&O #6018. Sold to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|65/482||GP9||EMD||5/1957||Built as Nickel Plate Road #482 became N&W #2482. Sold.|
|71||GP18||EMD||8/1960||Built as Seaboard Air Line #404. Became Seaboard Coast Line #1060, then Seaboard System #1060. Sold to BioFuel Energy Corp.|
|81||GP30||EMD||6/1962||Built as N&W #532. Scrapped in the mid-2000s.|
|82||GP30||EMD||6/1962||Built as N&W #537. Scrapped in the mid-2000s.|
|83||GP30||EMD||5/1962||Built as Kansas City Southern #106. Scrapped in the mid-2000s.|
|84||GP30||EMD||7/1963||Built as Kansas City Southern #113. Sold to Indiana Southern.|
|85||GP30||EMD||11/1962||Built as Nickel Plate Road #901. Sold to the Cincinnati Railway.|
|86||GP30M||EMD||9/1963||Built as C&O GP30 #3033. Rebuilt by CSX as GP30M #4224. Sold.|
|87||GP30M||EMD||10/1963||Built as C&O GP30 #3046. Rebuilt by CSX as GP30M #4233. Sold.|
|91||DS-4-4-1000||Baldwin||11/1948||Built as Western Railway of Alabama #630 became Seaboard Coast Line #91. Scrapped.|
|92||S12M||Baldwin||9/1951||Built as Patapsco & Back Rivers Railroad #345. Rebuilt as S12M. Scrapped.|
|251||GP35||EMD||3/1964||Built as N&W #224. Sold to Indiana Southern.|
|252||GP35||EMD||4/1964||Built as N&W #232. Sold to Indiana Southern. Scrapped.|
|252||GP35||EMD||4/1964||Built as N&W #232. Sold to Indiana Southern. Scrapped.|
|1354||GP40||EMD||5/1966||Built as N&W #1354, became NS #1354. Worked on both Central Oregon & Pacific and Missouri & North Arkansas. Transferred.|
|1500||SW1500||EMD||3/1972||Built as Penn Central #9555. Became Conrail #9555. Sold to GATX Rail Locomotive Group.|
|1501||SW1500||EMD||10/1973||Built as Penn Central #9582. Became Conrail #9582. Sold to GATX Rail Locomotive Group.|
|2001||RP20BD||RailPower||2007||Built as Grand Trunk Western GP9 #1776 in 6/1956 renumbered as #4450. Spent time on Central Vermont. Sold to St. Lawrence & Atlantic before acquisition by RailPower and rebuilt into model RP20BD. Lettered for Central Railroad of Indiana (CIND).|
|2002||RP20BD||RailPower||-||Lettered for Central Railroad of Indiana (CIND).|
|2058||GP20||EMD||6/1960||Built as Santa Fe #1114 then became #3114 and #3014. Later worked on Toledo, Peoria & Western as #2009/#2058. Sold.|
|2100||GP38-2||EMD||11/1979||Built as Chicago & North Western #4617. Acquired by National Railway Equipment then became Chicago, Fort Wayne & Eastern #3884 before transfer to I&O.|
|2101||GP38-2||EMD||12/1979||Built as Chicago & North Western #4623. Acquired by National Railway Equipment then became Chicago, Fort Wayne & Eastern #3887 before transfer to I&O.|
|2102||GP38-2||EMD||12/1979||Built as Chicago & North Western #4624. Acquired by National Railway Equipment then became Chicago, Fort Wayne & Eastern #3888 before transfer to I&O.|
|2103||GP38-2||EMD||12/1979||Built as Chicago & North Western #4625. Acquired by National Railway Equipment then became Chicago, Fort Wayne & Eastern #3889 before transfer to I&O.|
|2342||SW1500||EMD||3/1970||Built as Southern #2342 and became NS #2342. Acquired by Pittsburgh Industrial as #2342. Sold.|
|2720||GP38-3||EMD||6/1969||Built as Southern GP38 #2720, became NS #2720. Acquired by the Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway as #3800 and rebuilt by Dallas, Garland & Northeastern a GP38-3. Sold to Locomotive Leasing Partners.|
|3027||GP38AC||EMD||2/1969||Built as L&N #4027 became Seaboard System #6248/#4023 then CSX #2157. Acquired by Kyle Railroad as #5127. Transferred to Central Oregon & Pacific.|
|3043||GP40-2||EMD||2/1969||Built as Baltimore & Ohio #3700.|
|3221||SD40-2||EMD||5/1974||Built as Milwaukee Road #198. Became Soo Line #6362 then Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern #6362.|
|3222||SD40-2||EMD||12/1973||Built as Chicago & North Western #6815 became Union Pacific #2964 then Larry's Truck & Electric #2964.|
|3223||SD40-2||EMD||5/1974||Built as Milwaukee Road #205. Became Soo Line #6366 then Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern #6366.|
|3472||SD40-2||EMD||8/1978||Built as Missouri Pacific #3223 became Union Pacific #4223/B4223. Spent time on Ohio Central as #4028.|
|3488||SD40-2||EMD||12/1977||Built as Burlington Northern #7014 became BNSF #7014.|
|3489||SD40-2||EMD||7/1978||Built as Colorado & Southern (Burlington Northern) #7843 became BNSF #7843.|
|3491||SD40-2||EMD||9/1979||Built as Burlington Northern #7180 became BNSF #7180.|
|3492||SD40-2||EMD||7/1978||Built as Colorado & Southern (Burlington Northern) #7842 became BNSF #7842.|
|3493||SD40-2||EMD||10/1978||Built as Colorado & Southern (Burlington Northern) #7860 became BNSF #7860.|
|3494||SD40-2||GMDD||4/1973||Built as Quebec North Shore & Labrador Railway #260.|
|3801||GP38-3||EMD||9/1969||Built as Southern GP38 #2741, became NS #2741. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Transferred to other G&W properties.|
|3803||GP38-3||EMD||1/1970||Built as Southern GP38 #2788, became NS #2788. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3804||GP38-3||EMD||9/1970||Built as C&O GP38 #4828. Became CSX #2128. Rebuilt as Central Oregon & Pacific GP38-3 #3804. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3807||GP38-3||EMD||5/1970||Built as Western Railway of Alabama GP40 #705. Became Seaboard System #6796 then CSX #6796. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3808||GP38-3||EMD||10/1969||Built as Southern GP38 #2718, became NS #2718. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3809||GP38-3||EMD||10/1969||Built as Southern GP38 #2719, became NS #2719. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3810||GP38-3||EMD||10/1969||Built as Southern GP38 #2723, became NS #2723. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Became Central Oregon & Pacific #3810. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3811||GP38-3||EMD||10/1969||Built as Southern GP38 #2726, became NS #2726. Became Central Oregon & Pacific #3811. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3812||GP38-3||EMD||6/1969||Built as Southern GP38 #2739, became NS #2739. Spent time on New England Central and Georgia Southwesern. Rebuilt as GP38-3. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|3838||GP38AC||EMD||5/1971||Built as L&N #4023 became Seaboard System #6241 then CSX #2173. Transferred to Central Oregon & Pacific.|
|3864||GP38-3||EMD||3/1966||Built as Milwaukee Road #191, then #2000. Became Soo Line #2000. Rebuilt as Central Oregon & Pacific GP38-3 #3864. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|4008||GP40||EMD||8/1968||Built as Missouri-Kansas-Texas #199, became Union Pacific #505. Sold to CIT Group/Capital Finance, Inc.|
|4011||GP40||EMD||8/1968||Built as Missouri-Kansas-Texas #209, became Union Pacific #515. Transferred to Toledo, Peoria & Western.|
|4028||GP40||EMD||11/1967||Built as Seaboard Air Line #635, became Seaboard Coast Line #1552, Seaboard System #6705, and CSX #6705. Spent time with Helm Leasing. Sold.|
|4030||GP40||EMD||2/1969||Built as B&O #3700. Previously numbered as I&O #3043. Sold.|
|4031||GP40||EMD||9/1971||Built as B&O #4028. Became CSX #6603. Sold to the Kiamichi Railroad as #4031.|
|4032||GP40||EMD||1/1967||Built as Seaboard Air Line #638, became Seaboard Coast Line #1555, Seaboard System #6708, and CSX #6708. Spent time with Helm Leasing. Sold.|
|4033||GP40||EMD||1/1970||Built as Seaboard Coast Line #1587. Became Seaboard System #6742 then CSX #6742. Sold to Kyle Railroad.|
|4034||GP40||EMD||5/1970||Built as Seaboard Coast Line #1600. Became Seaboard System #6755 then CSX #6755. Transferred to Chicago, Fort Wayne & Eastern.|
|4035||GP40||EMD||5/1970||Built as Seaboard Coast Line #1609. Became Seaboard System #6763 then CSX #6763. Sold to Kyle Railroad.|
|4036||GP40||EMD||2/1969||Built as Western Railway of Alabama #704. Became Seaboard System #6793 then CSX #6793. Sold to Metra, rebuilt as GP23ECO #10.|
|4050||GP40||EMD||1/1970||Built as Seaboard Coast Line #1585. Became Seaboard System #6740 then CSX #6740. Transferred to Kiamichi Railroad.|
|4070||SD40T-2||EMD||12/1978||Built as Southern Pacific #8529.|
|4071||SD40T-2||EMD||2/1979||Built as Southern Pacific #8567 became Union Pacific #8848.|
|4072||SD40T-2||EMD||1/1979||Built as Southern Pacific #8534 became Union Pacific #8751.|
|4082||SD40-2||GMDD||2/1974||Built as Canadian Pacific #5820.|
|4083||SD40-2||GMDD||1/1975||Built as Canadian Pacific #5694.|
|4084||SD40-2||GMDD||10/1977||Built as Canadian Pacific #5838. Sold to Respondek Railroad Corporation.|
|4085||SD40-2||GMDD||10/1977||Built as Canadian Pacific #5837. Sold.|
|5000||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3100, then BNSF #3100. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5001/5011||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3101, then BNSF #3101. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5002/5012||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3102, then BNSF #3102. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5003/5013||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3103, then BNSF #3103. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5004/5014||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3104, then BNSF #3104. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5005/5015||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3105, then BNSF #3105. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5006||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3106, then BNSF #3106. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5007||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3107, then BNSF #3107. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5008/5018||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3108, then BNSF #3108. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5009/5019||GP50||EMD||12/1980||Built as Burlington Northern #3109, then BNSF #3109. Transferred to Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway.|
|5016||SD50||EMD||5/1982||Built as Hammersley Iron #6063.|
|5017||SD50||EMD||3/1983||Built as Hammersley Iron #6064.|
|9400||SD45T-2||EMD||6/1975||St. Louis Southwestern (SP) #9400.|
Today, its system contains 543 miles and a diversified traffic base of chemicals, metals, grain, ethanol, lumber, plastics, and other freight.
Currently, the railroad has interchanges with numerous other lines including CSX, Norfolk Southern, Canadian National, Ann Arbor, and RJ Corman.
The Indiana and Ohio Railway is also now large enough to be split into several subdivisions including the Blue Ash Subdivision, Brookville Subdivision, CIND Subdivision, Mason Subdivision, Midland Subdivision, and Oasis Subdivision.
Rijnland SP-2718 - History
The Tooth-billed Pigeon (Didunculus strigirostris) is a species of concern belonging in the species group "birds" and found in the following area(s): Samoa. This species is also known by the following name(s): Manumea.
|Wikipedia Article |
Copyright Notice: This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Tooth-billed pigeon".
File:Isola Palmaria, Porto Venere (SP) Italia - 29 Luglio 2012 - panoramio.jpg
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:04, 21 January 2017||4,077 × 2,718 (7.57 MB)||Panoramio upload bot (talk | contribs)||== <|
You cannot overwrite this file.
This work is in the public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 100 years or fewer.
You must also include a United States public domain tag to indicate why this work is in the public domain in the United States.
Генеалогия и история семьи Buis
Varianten: Brandts Buijs, Buijs Ballot, De Buys Roessingh, Op den Buijs, Van den Buijs, Buijs Trompetter, Buijsch, Op den Buijsch, Buijse, Buijsen, Van Buijsen, Buijser, Den Buijser, Buijserd, Buijsers, Buijsert, Buijsing, Buijsingh, Buijsman, Buijsmann, Buijsse, Buijssen, Buijssink, Buijze, Buijzen, Buijzer, De Buijzer, Buijzerd, Buijzert, Buis, Buise, Beuijs, De Buise, Buisen, Van Buisen, Buiser, Buiserd, Buisero, Buising, Buisma, Buisman, Buisse, Buissing, Buissink, Buist, Buize, Buizen, Van Buizen, Buizer, De Buizer, Buizerd, Buizers, Buizert, Buizing, Buizinga, Buizinge, Keverling Buisman, Busius.
Betekenis: In de eerste plaats is de familienaam Buis/Buijs een patroniem bij een oude Germaanse voornaam die eertijds in de vormen Buso of Boso verscheen (en later als Buij en Buijser) en nu nog overgeleverd is in familienamen als Bos, Buis, Bus, Buijsen en Buijssink, alsmede in namen als Boshart en Buizer, die van een samengestelde Germaanse naam met het element -hard (= sterk) zijn afgeleid. Ten aanzien van de etymologie van Boso/Buso tast men nog in het duister.
Van de oude Germaanse naam werden ook plaatsnamen zoals Buizingen, nabij Brussel, afgeleid. Vervolgens traden personen die naar de plaatsnaam werden genoemd op met de achternaam Van Buizingen, maar kennelijk kon deze naam weer tot Buis verkort worden.
Buiten de sfeer van de Germaanse persoonsnamen kan het zelfstandig naamwoord buis, dat wij met verschillende betekenisssen kennen, van toepassing zijn:
1. Buis als benaming voor een kledingstuk, een mouwloos jasje (vgl. dwangbuis!) de maker ervan kan de bijnaam Buis hebben gekregen, of iemand die zich door het dragen ervan kenmerkte.
2. Buis als benaming van een soort schip, vgl. haringbuis. Familienamen als Op den Buijs, Van den Buijs en Buisman wijzen wellicht in deze richting: de schipper van een schip dat zo genoemd werd, vgl. het 17de eeuwse VOC-schip De Gouden Buys, of de bewoner van een huis met zo'n buis op het uithangbord geschilderd, vgl. Inden Vergulde Buys te Enkhuizen.
The ship type Buss has a long history. It was already known around the time of the Crusades in the Mediterranean as a cargo vessel (called buzza, bucia or bucius), and we see it around 1000 AD as a more robust development of the Viking longship in Scandinavia, known as a bǘza. The Dutch Buis was probably developed from this Scandinavian ship type.
The Buis was first adapted for use as a fishing vessel in the Netherlands, after the invention of gibbing made it possible to preserve herring at sea. This made longer voyages feasible, and hence enabled Dutch fishermen to follow the herring schools far from the coasts. The first herring buss was probably built in Hoorn (North Holland) around 1415. The last one was built in Vlaardingen (South Holland) in 1841.
The ship was about 20 meters in length and displaced between 60 and 100 tons. The ratio of length to beam was between 2.5:1 and 4.5:1, which made for a relatively nimble ship, though still sufficiently stable to be seaworthy. It was a round-bilged keel ship with a round bow and stern, the latter relatively high, and with a gallery. The broad deck provided space to process the catch on board.
The ship had two or three masts. The mainmast and foremast (if present) could be lowered during fishing, leaving only the mizzen mast upright. It was square rigged on the main mast, with a gaff rig on the mizzen. It had a long bow sprit with jibboom and up to three headsails. The main course and topsail could be reefed.'
Het geslacht Buis/Buijs/Buijsse van Texel/Tessel (Noord Holland): Het geslacht Buis / Buijs / Buijsse van Texel: Er waren vroeger op Texel verscheidene families Buis / Buijs. De belangrijkste, een gereformeerd geslacht van loodsen uit Oudeschild, begint met Pieter Buijsse, geb. 1679, die in 1713 in Amsterdam in het huwelijk trad met Joosje Jans, geb. 1685 op Ameland. Hun zoon Jan werd loods in Nieuweschild, de zoons Claes en Pieter (mogelijk uit een tweede huwelijk geboren) waren loodsen in Oudeschild en kregen daar een groot nageslacht, allen zeelieden.
Het geslacht Buis/Buys uit Amersfoort (Utrecht): Paulus Buys werd geboren als zoon van Aert Buys, een welgesteld molenaar te Amersfoort en Odilia Pouwels van der Eem. Hij studeerde rechten aan de Universiteiten van Dôle en van Angers. In Angers promoveerde hij in 1556 tot Doctor in de beide rechten. Daarna werkte hij als advocaat voor het Hof van Holland. In 1561 werd hij benoemd tot pensionaris van Leiden en was actief als hoogheemraad van het Hoogheemraadschap van Rijnland. In 1572 werd hij benoemd tot landsadvocaat. Hij trouwde met Maria van der Mersche, dochter van Jacob van der Mersche, Raad in het Hof van Holland en Maria van Uytwick Philipsdr. Zoon Aert werd ritmeester dochter Odilia trouwde met professor Cornelis van der Nieuwstadt, heer van Zevenhoven en Capelle ter Vliet en zoon Cornelis Buys werd baljuw van Purmerend en de Beemster, hij trouwde met Geertruij van der Goes dochter van Pieter en Maria van der Dussen.
Het geslacht Buis/Buijs uit Zwolle: Paulus Buis (of Buys), meestal Busius genoemd, was een zoon van Johan Buis, geboren te Zwolle, oefende zich van zijne vroege jeugd af, in de Fraaije Letteren, waarin hij ongemeen wel slaagde tot de Hoogeschool bevorderd legde hij zich op de Regten toe, en werd weldra Licentiaat in die wetenschap, waarna hij eenige tijd de praktijk in zijne geboortestad Zwolle waarnam. Hij kreeg een grooten naam en werd in 1605 belast met het nazien van het ontwerp-Stadboek van Zigher ter Steghe. Tevens trad hij op als burgemeester. Den 7den September 1610 tot Hoogleeraar in de Regten te Franeker beroepen, nam hij met allen vlijt en ijver dien post waar, tot dat hij den 23sten September 1617 plotseling overleed.
Southern Pacific SD7
Most of the information below came from SP into the 90's by Joe Shine. This Book contains the best single work so far on SP SD7/R's in the form of a history of the EMD SD7 as it relates to SP. The forthcoming release of Volume 4 of SP Historic Diesels by Joe Strapac may provide even more information.
Southern Pacific bought 43 SD7's in 3 orders of 15, 1, 7 and 20, with the single unit being the demonstrator. With this number of units, and their longevity, a photo of a given unit at a particular time is really needed, unless you're happy with a generic type of model.
The first order DF-114, arrived in 1952/53, numbered 5279 - 5293 they were delivered in the Road-switcher tiger stripe scheme, of black carbody, orange safety stripes and silver ends. "SP into the 90's" gives the lettering as orange on both the ends, as well as the roadname.
SP then purchased the demonstrator EMD 990 in 7/53 numbering it 5308 and placing it in class DF-116 the preceding number block being taken by an order of RSD-5's. It was sent back to EMD for rebuilding to as new standards, and repainted into the same paint as the previous order. As SP 5308, it has a number of variations to the normal SP SD7. It was the only unit to have a winterization hatch over the first radiator fan. It had blat horns fitted until it was rebuilt as an SD7R, (all other SP SD7's generally had the Nathan M3R24's later changed to Nathan P-3's), and it was also fitted with dual controls, or two control stands in the cab. As well it had a steam generator in the short hood.
The next order (DF-117) of 7 units arrived in 6/53 numbered 5309 - 5315, these were built to the same specs as DF-114.
The last order (DF-118) of 20 units arrived 8/9/53 numbered 5316 - 5335, these came with a number of extra's. Purchased for use as back-up passenger service as well as local/branchline service, these came with dual tanks, the front tank being a 1200 gallon water tank. A steam generator was fitted in the short hood, and large Mars signal lights adorned both ends.
In 1965 system-wide renumbering, the SD7's were renumbered 2700 - 2742, although with the delivery of ever more SW1500's, the SD7's soon found themselves bumped down to 1400 - 1442.
Starting in 1979 the SD7's were sent to Sacramento Locomotive Works to be rebuilt into SD7R's, and emerged as 1500 - 1542.
There is a persistent rumour that: "SP decreed no road-switcher over 1600hp was to get the Black Widow paint scheme" - photo's in 'Southern Pacific Historic Diesels Vol.4 SD7's and SD9's by Joe Strapac' puts lie to that.
Paint: all SD7's were delivered in the road-switcher tiger stripe scheme, except that the lettering on the hood ends and roadname on the side was (according to Joe Shine in SP into the 90's) orange. Late 1953 Black Widow paint was specified for all road-switchers, so starting in 1955, units started getting painted into the Black Widow 4 color scheme. This varied with respect to the roadname lettering placement, while SP made up it's mind where it belonged. The lettering placement was originally as per the old tiger stripe scheme, with the roadname across the hood-side louvers, later it was moved to just below the dynamic brake blisters. Some SD7's kept their lower lettering until painted into the gray and scarlet paint.
Three units at least received the "Halloween" paint of solid black and orange ends, all passenger equipped units, #5326, #5327 and #5333. This paint was only applied for a few months of 1958, and then only to approx 24 assorted units. SP into the 90's has photo's of all these units on pages 22 and 23. Details to note are: all 3 units have the barrel signal lights at both ends, end lettering on the orange hoods was black on 5326 and white on 5327 and 5333.
Even when the gray and scarlet was introduced in mid 1958, the experimenting did not stop. One early variation was block Gothic Lettering instead of the more common railroad roman ish style font. Only two SD7's were known to have the Gothic lettering, #5322 and 5325 again from the dual tank passenger class, both also had barrel signal lights both ends. The lettering was placed at the back of the units and stacked, rather than all on one line. Not all Shops adhered to the 'Official Diagram' El Paso painted 1411, 1413 and 1425 had the full frame side painted red, also 5325 and 1430 had the battery boxes painted red as well as the frame. 2742 in gray and scarlet, had the roadname in the old lower position over the louvers instead of above them as well it still carried a Mars barrel signal light and a snowplow!
In regard to snowplows: these evidently came and went over the years, depending on their service district, weather conditions etc etc.
Details: Only two series of SD7's were delivered with barrel signal lights at both ends: 5309-5316 and 5317-5335. The rest had just the normal vertical headlight both ends. Most of the earlier units seem to have been retro-fitted with the barrel signal light on the front only. 1959 saw the beginning of the removal of the rear Mars light from SD7's. During 1958/59 another change was also instigated, that of replacing the barrel signal light with the smaller Pyle-National signal light DA 1002 or similar. Variations abound, with one being painting out the rear barrel signal light, and placing a red lens in the top rear headlight and/or the front headlight. When the barrel was removed the bracket was not always removed with it. Some units had the barrel Mars removed without having the Pyle-National replacing it.
Most early units where fitted with radio's, appear to have the 'wagon wheel' style antenna DA-1804 or similar. Those assigned to the Taylor Hump yard had the special antenna, for which I was certain that an HO part was made - but can't seem to find now.
Most SD7's at one time or another were assigned to the Northwestern Pacific, duty on the NWP required spark arrestors not only over the engine exhaust stacks but also the steam generator stack. See photo's for general shape and style.
2720 looks to have an F unit fuel tank fitted, which it retained as an SD7R 1507, see photo top of page.
In 1974 the SD7's were renumbered into the 1400 series to clear for the SW1500's. 1416 still had a Mars barrel signal light, as did 1436 still in 1977.
Looking through photo's, most units seem to have kept their rear numberboards until well into the 1970's?
Watch the video: Operation Varsity - march 1945